Solon Hebrew School at Congregation Kol Chadash is located at 6545 SOM Center Road in Solon.
The Solon Hebrew School opened its doors independent from Cleveland Hebrew School in 2007. We are poised to grow the school in both strength and numbers and this will ultimately benefit your Kol Chadash spirtiual community.
Statement of Purpose
Congregation Kol Chadash is committed to lifelong learning that starts with our children. Our primary goal is to provide a quality education that will create a lasting and positive Jewish identity.
Congregation should be integrated into all aspects of education. In the school this will be though a worship component (requirement) focusing on the ability to participate in religious rites as a participant and leader. Beyond the school this will include opportunities for post bnai mitzvah and adult learners.
Our goals are to teach each student:
- Blending of Jewish and secular life
- The study of Torah and how the ancient text relates to our present lives
- Art and culture (food and music)
- Celebration and life cycles
- Building a Jewish and Hebrew vocabulary
Tefilah and Music
Prayer is one of the central tenants of Judaism. We have identified three levels of engagement with prayer that we are using as a basis for our program:
- Basic: Learning basic prayers by rote through music, memorization, body movement (prayer aerobics), etc.
- Intermediate: Introduces the concept of kavanah (feelings)- what we feel when we pray.
- Advanced: Starting with prayer book geography, the students will explore the sequence of the prayers and their timing.
- Students will be able to construct and conduct Tefilah.